The ultimate safari experience is a day-trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana, which boasts Africa’s Big Five and the world’s largest elephant population. The game cruise on the Chobe River brings you close to brilliant bird life, pods of watering hippos, primeval crocodiles and elephants, breath-taking in their sheer number. The afternoon’s land-based safari heads deeper into the Park to spot the elusive big cats that make Chobe their home. NB – not all animal sightings are guaranteed.
- Minimum 2 pax – Maximum 100 pax
- Minimum age is 8. There is no child rate.
- NB: Private boat requests are at an extra cost and private vehicle requests are available based on minimum of 8 paying pax.
- The Chobe National Park in Botswana is a 1¾-hour drive from Livingstone.
- Visas may be required for some nationalities and must be pre-arranged before leaving their home country. Visas CANNOT be bought at the board post. Guides will assist guests through the Zambian and Botswana immigration formalities
- The transfer to Chobe includes a boat crossing of the Zambezi River at the point where the 4 countries of Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia meet.
- Guests are advised to have breakfast before departing
- Special dietary requirements need to be communicated in advance.
- Return transfers to Chobe National Park
- National Park fees
- A river safari on the Chobe River.
- A game drive in the Chobe National Park
- Buffet lunch with one beer or soft drink at the Chobe Safari Lodge
- Snacks, bottled water, softs drinks and beers on the river safari
- Services of qualified wildlife guides
What you need to bring
- Hat/Cap, sunglasses
- Sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- Comfortable/non slip shoes or sandals
- Neutral coloured clothing is advised
Pick up times from Hotel/ Lodge